Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cake, Hair Dye and BOYS!

So, today it was Sunday....Duh. We went to 9 oclock church and I am pretty sure that every one of us roomies planned on napping after church (fast Sunday made us even more tired). During fast and testimony meeting during sacrament, one of our Family Home Evening brothers got up to bare his testimony, he talked about how all of us may seem lonley but we are together in the SINGLES ward for a reason. :) But, then he said something that made us feel sad, he told us all that Friday was his birthday, and he spent it alone. He was explaining to us how he always did his best to be a friend to everyone and how he wants to make sure NONE of us felt alone. Yet he was alone on his own birthday. We didn't even know it was his birthday. So, after church, I talked to the girls and we decided to make him a cake and a card. We took it to him earlier today. He was grateful :)
We also has a friend from the Tri and his roomate come over and make cookies today. It was fun (we also played the roller coaster game). Our FHE brother lives in the same building as our friends so they drove us and our cake to their complex. After we delivered the cake we went up to our friends apartment and hung out. The three guys got out their guitars and played some songs. They are really good.
This was taken on our way home from stake choir practice. We are singing at stake conference in a few weeks. The songs are arranged by Sam Fleming, our stake ward music person. He is insanely talented with music. He is currently arranging a song for a temple dedication in Arizona I believe. Holy Moly right? We also dyed J's hair today!
I also was able to get a hold of my familia today. I talked to lots of them. I also talked to my buddy T. Here goes another insane week of school. The school week feels so busy but weekends take FOREVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment