Tuesday, September 17, 2013
RAIN, PLASMA, and YOUTUBE
So today my roomie and I worked on homework after classes and headed to the store around 4:00. We planned on going to Walmart (it is a long walk) but we changed our minds. First we started out at the plasma center and scheduled appointments to start our charts. I don't know yet if I will be able to donate but I sure will try my best to be able to.
Right after we were done talking to the lady at the front counter, we tuned around to see it POURING rain outside. Good thing we both thought ahead and brought umbrellas. It had been raining on and off all day with thunder and lighting. We were only about a third of the way done with our outing when this happened. We were laughing so hard. It was awesome.
We ended up not getting to Walmart as planned, we didn't even get to K-Mart. We made it to the Family Dollar. An awesome person came up to us (he worked there). My roomie and I both had marching band sweatshirts on. He asked her what number 5 meant (it was on her sweatshirt), she then explained and he asked me, then who are you? Well I was wearing my Guard captain jacket and so I said "I am the Captain". He said "oh wow ok i'm backing up now". It was so funny. He was the cashier at the front when we had finished shopping. He asked me if I wanted my jug (a gallon jug)of grape juice in a bag. I said "nah, I am so thirsty I will drink it out of the jug." And I did :) He got a kick out of it. We found that he served a mission in the Seattle area. Back then the TriCities was part of that mission. Small world.
At different points on our journey, we found a lot of things with my name on it.....
For instance, a detention center for women.
And...a school.
Cool huh? I thought so :)
Oh, and later we were looking at funny videos on youtube and we found this during an AFV video, SO FUNNY :)
ENJOY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment